Edward Reed are excited to be recruiting a Financial Controller for our Newcastle headquartered client.
Our client is an established construction and development company recognised regionally from having worked on major and prime developments. The business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to support and work alongside their experienced senior management team with the aim of continuing to develop and deliver their growth strategy.
The Financial Controller Role;
- Management of open-book construction projects
- Provide timely and accurate management report information on an entity and consolidated basis
- Perform monthly reconciliations of control accounts to ensure financial accuracy
- Assist with transactional information preparation of the Audit
- Preparation and submission of VAT computations
- Prepare and submit information including HMRC in relation to VAT and Employment taxes
- Input and assist with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for all aspects of financial administration, ensuring all records are filed and archived correctly
- ERP and Sage experience preferred
We are searching for a commercially experienced, well organised and driven Financial Controller. Previous experience within the Construction sector is advantageous but not a requirement, dynamism yet strong attention to detail is an absolute must so that senior management can make necessary decisions at the right time.