Group Head of IT
Website Danesmoor Limited
Group Head of IT
Responsible to: IT & Service Director
Responsible for: IT Technician and Developer Team
Edward Reed have been retained by Danesmoor Limited to source a Head of Group IT based from the Newton Aycliffe HQ. This is an exciting role with a business going through unprecedented growth.
Summary of Role:
Head of Group IT is a key member of the leadership team, responsible for the on-going successful implementation of Information Technologies and Systems Processes within the Group. Working with the IT and Service Director to inform, advise and subsequently deliver sustainable strategies to underpin business growth and change, working with the leadership team to deliver business goals.
Managing internal teams of technicians and software developers you will be responsible for finding the right balance of in-sourcing, up-skilling and where appropriate out-sourcing in a very dynamic multi-disciplined group that encompasses manufacturing, distribution, sales and supply chain.
An experienced IT Leader with a strong technical background you will be capable of building and motivating strong teams to drive change within an evolving, transforming business. Results driven you will have interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate across functions and levels with a robust commercial acumen to deliver tangible benefit aligned to the business needs.
- Define and deliver the strategic IT approach of the Group
- Deliver strategic goals of the business through management, influence and leadership
- Build on existing work to deliver a sustainable approach to Service Maturity
- Analyse business requirements as Technical Lead, delivering business critical projects
- Support process change through engagement and understanding of the business requirements with a view for sustainability
- Agree and manage the IT budget
- Ensure data integrity, security and compliance is upheld
Skills & Experience:
- An experienced IT leader with a strong technical background
- Demonstrate building strong teams and deliver culture change through effective leadership, mentoring and coaching
- Experience of introducing and embedding formal IT practices in both Technical Support and software development teams
- Agile experience is a distinct advantage
- Can effectively communicate cross-functionally and present a board-level business case, taking ownership for innovative decisions on major technical and service issues
- Analytical and able to be robust in delivering strategic policy managing workloads and priorities effectively
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing a wide range of technologies and disciplines
This is a unique and exciting role with a fabulous business. You will be part of an exceptional management team whilst joining an organisation with a wonderful culture. A competitive basic salary is on offer plus a strong benefits package including pension, fully expensed car, healthcare and a discretionary bonus.