Senior Developer – Durham – £flexible DOE
Edward Reed are delighted to be working with one of the most exciting tech startups in the UK; Honcho Markets, in search of a Senior Developer / Technical Architect to join the business at an incredibly exciting time. This role offers a rare opportunity to become a leading influence in the future growth of this business.
An innovative insurtech business, revolutionising the insurance marketplace by providing customers with a cheaper and better way to buy products through an online marketplace where companies bid against each other to win their business. Honcho are disrupting this industry and championing independence, customer control and cheaper insurance.
This reverse auction marketplace business is highly scalable with an exceptional revenue model, delivered primarily through iOS and Android. Having raised substantial funding there is now an urgent requirement for a Senior Developer / Technical Architect to join a tightly knit team and support the ongoing product development – among other responsibilities.
Currently at pre-launch and beta stage, Honcho will launch in the coming weeks. A technical specialist is urgently required to work alongside the senior management team and will be responsible for:
- Developing existing product / platform beyond MVP
- Working across the entire technology stack, with a focus on back-end and market participant integrations
- Drive the entire technology direction and build the in-house tech function
- Work with insurance brokers to support product integration / platform migration
- Design / test / develop prototypes for new ideas and markets
- Ad hoc bug fixing and support
- Dealing with senior stakeholders, investors and management on regular product updates / technology advancements and ideas
A brief overview of skills / technical set up:
- Current platform built in native technologies combined with React Web App underpinned by an AWS serverless architecture built in Python and Node
- Marketplace integration is powered by The Honcho Platform built on Azure App Functions using C#
- Integrations led with API Functions
- Front End is supported by a third party, but uses AWS with Python (NoSQL DB)
This role will require full ownership of a technical road map, and will be hugely influential in the future direction of this (and future) products.
As a start up business, we are looking for someone comfortable with both the pace and breadth of responsibility associated with this. You will be making decisions quickly, juggling multiple tasks, doing both the exciting and ‘dirty’ work. Decisions will need to be made quickly, and at any point you may need to drop your jobs for other priorities.
You will be working in a tightly knit team environment so strong communication skills are essential.
This is a role with ‘no rules’, and whilst the rewards are high, any applicant must be aware of the element of risks associated with the start up scene. Outside of a flexible basic salary there are a range of fluid benefits to suit the right applicant, from home-based working to share options. Based initially from a central Durham HQ his truly is a unique opportunity that doesn’t come around too often.
Perhaps you are an experienced Senior Developer or Technical Architect looking for a new challenge, or even looking to join the start up world whether you have aspirations to become a CTO or not.
This is an urgent role with interviews due to take place ASAP. Please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information.
Please contact [email protected] for more information and to apply.