Finance Director – £ Highly Attractive Package – Newcastle upon Tyne
We are retained to appoint a full-time experienced Finance Director to join the senior executive team of this fast-growing, financially strong SME. This is a demanding role and we are seeking a hands-on, highly experienced and dynamic individual to take responsibility for the overseeing of all financial aspects of the business along with development and leadership of a newly established finance team. This role will report directly into the Chief Executive and a dotted line to the board.
- Drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, forecasting. The successful individual requires a strong understanding of technical concepts and will have proven business management and development experience.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Manage year end statutory accounts and audit process along with preparation and submission of R&D Tax Credit Claim
- Appropriate tax planning and compliance in line with accounting requirements.
- Management of the annual budgeting process and overseeing of monthly departmental budgets
- Oversee financial accounting and treasury functions ensuring financial control processes are adhered to.
- Develop and implement monthly procedures for Client Account Monies reconciliation
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board, rolling forecasts, cashflow projections etc.
- Identify key risks and opportunities.
- Working closely with all department managers to consider/advise and implementation for all financial aspects for new products/procedures implementation as the business grows
- Ability to act as a business partner to the CEO and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
- Drive the financial strategy for the business to support the high growth plan and provide supporting analysis to validate the strategy
- Manage relations with company bankers and other relevant third parties
- Ensuring appropriate insurance coverage for all company activities
- To be a legal director of the business and work with the Board to ensure compliance with fiduciary responsibilities
- We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME. You will have strong financial controls experience and be experienced in developing financial management systems, procedures and controls. Experience managing a HR function would also be advantageous.
- You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level. You will be open, engaging and also have a good level of team management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
- A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally. You will ideally have worked for a service focused business and also be proficient in various business software with the ability to learn new systems
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness and key negotiating skills
Please apply with a current CV by email to: [email protected] with the reference ‘OneUtilityBill Application’.
All direct & 3rd party applications will be directed to Edward Reed Recruitment