Leisure & Hospitality Sector
Large leisure and entertainment complex in County Durham, serving the local community and also the wider region. A fabulous facility offering a variety of activities (sport, leisure and entertainment) for all members of the family, no matter what the age.
- Full financial control of the business which has a number of revenue-generating initiatives, therefore increasing the need for greater control and management of the business finances and accounting processes.
- Support the CEO, and other members of the senior management team by developing a dashboard of KPIs to help run the business more profitably
- Preparation of management accounts, including reporting packs and all MI
- Tax and statutory accounts for several legal entities
- Group taxation and dealing with all advisers and auditors
- Supporting the SMT on all commercial initiatives to make sure there is an ROI
- Dealing with external providers and suppliers
- Tight control on cash, working capital, debtors and creditors
Qualified accountant or truly exceptional QBE, ideally living within 25 miles radius of Durham city, someone looking for a unique role in a reasonably unique environment, an interest in sport, leisure or entertainment would be advantageous and experience from the leisure and hospitality sectors is also desirable, although not essential.