Chemical Engineer, £50,000 – £60,000, Carlisle / Hybrid Working
Our client based in Carlisle are a successful engineering and manufacturing firm that use cutting-edge technology for their specialist product. They are seen as experts in their field and their design and manufacturing services are sought after internationally. The company supply to a wide range of sectors across the UK and the world, including but not limited to food, agriculture, chemical, pharmaceutical, mineral, mining, and waste to energy.
The current vacancy is for an experienced full time Chemical Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and ensure works carried out in accordance with necessary specifications. This role is to provide technical support within an existing engineering team.
- To carry out project assessments and sizing calculations for drying equipment
- To liaise with customers over technical requirements
- To carry out detailed process design of complete packages of work
- To provide equipment specifications
- To provide reports and proposals for drying equipment
- To assist with commissioning activities on customers’ sites
- To carry out process surveys on production plants
- To carry out test work on customers’ materials within our in house test centre
- Self motivated
- Able to work independently
- IT literate
- Willing to travel, including overseas
- M Eng or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
- At or working towards chartered status
Ideally with experience of working within a capital project team and delivering multi-disciplinary solutions. A wide experience, including diverse engineering fields would be an advantage.
There is the opportunity for the right candidate to develop within a growing company.