Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer, Newcastle upon Tyne, £Attractive + Benefits
Edward Reed are recruiting a Chief Operating Officer on behalf of our professional services client. Our client is a very well-established organisation that has significant PE backing, they are undertaking a Board level restructure resulting in this newly created role.
Headquartered in the Northeast our client has significant operations both in the UK and overseas. We are searching for an experienced professional to lead from the front alongside the CEO.
The COO will work to ensure an improved level of service to the business, in all respects, with the objective of enabling the business to provide a high level of service to its customers, through modern IT, exceptional data and analytics and a first-class customer journey.
Improvement on existing service levels and capabilities are required as is a continued high level of dialogue, communication, and cooperation with the business to ensure it can deliver its business plan and strategies.
Manage and enhance current product distribution for the Group, working to create enhanced risk validation capabilities
Deliver the strategy to expand the revenue streams of the UK company, the COO will work to implement the current strategy of expanding the scope of the UK companies to work with other service providers, building on its existing customer base and developing new customer bases and revenue streams.
- The Company achieves success through the provision of input to, and execution of, agreed strategies.
- Agreed Company objectives, supported by the Company’s Business Plan, are delivered. This would include both operational KPIs and EBITDA.
- Focus on operationalising strategy, implementing daily operations aligned with the company’s overall long-term business goals.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives and business planning.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Analyse internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- Develop a high-performance culture within teams and work to build cross-functional networks.
- Cover all Compliance and regulatory aspects of the role.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable expertise in:
- Delivering exceptional business performance.
- Creation and review of SLA / KPI framework to ensure effectiveness and business value.
- Managing and optimising customer service and customer journey across multiple communication methods optimising customer acquisition and retention.
- Driving Business Improvement and delivering process change.
- Successful new product implementation and creation of innovative business solutions
- Management of Third-Party relationships including contract negotiation, performance management, audit.
- Design / implementation of IT solutions (insourced or outsourced).
- Brand development and design / implementation of effective marketing strategy.
- Distribution management.
- Sound knowledge of project planning, co-ordination and execution of multiple projects
- Proven experience in leading and directing teams at a senior management level with exceptional people management
- Problem solver demonstrates an ability to identify and recommend business improvements and constant driver of efficiencies.
- Creation and maintenance of an appropriate culture aligned to long term corporate strategy, vision and mission statements.