Cloud Architect – Durham – £60-70K DOE
A Cloud Architect and keen influencer is urgently required to join a rapidly growing SaaS technology business in the heart of Durham. This is a new role following a period of substantial growth, and will drive not only technical advancement but cultural change in an organisation looking to build on years of success.
Our client are a SaaS Technology firm who have recently started the process of moving their product to the Cloud. With bespoke features and capabilities, there are a variety of customer requirements which have created the need for a Cloud Architect to join the business at this exciting period of change.
New product owners, software and development specialists and teams will be added to the business organically, however in order to start this process a Cloud Architect is central to future growth.
On a daily basis this role will report to the CTO and will be responsible for:
- Leading the cultural change for cloud adoption
- Identifying the best cloud architecture solutions to meet not only customer requirements but strategic business needs
- Defining and ensuring delivery of cloud-first architecture
- Ensuring security, privacy and data protection methods / best practices
- Regularly evaluating cloud applications / hardware / software
- Act as point of call for cloud related technologies for project delivery teams
- Produce high level design documentation
- Take part in bid process for new opportunities
- Mentoring / coaching the delivery team to ensure full adoption of technical strategy
In order to apply for this Cloud Architect role we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- A strong background in designing, executing and supporting Cloud IT solutions
- In depth understanding of public / private / hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience with integrating public cloud into traditional hosting / delivery models with specific focus on AWS and Serverless
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS Well Architected Frameworks
- Architecting large scale, multi-tenanted cloud solutions
- Micro-service architecture and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of Agile enablement through continuous integration and continuous delivery toolsets
This is a strategic role with a strong technical focus, and someone who can report to senior stakeholders on key deliverables, whilst also taking the responsibility on decisions is paramount.
As a new role within a growing business, this is an exciting role with unparalleled opportunities for progression. Within 12 months this position could be a leading figure within the business, running teams and adding tangible strategic decisions.
Perhaps you are an Architect looking for a more senior role, or possibly a Cloud Specialist in search of a new long term challenge. Do not hesitate to apply as interviews are due to take place ASAP.
This role is based from a central Durham head office (free parking) and comes with a competitive basic salary plus excellent benefits.
Cloud Architect / AWS / Agile / Continuous Delivery / Continuous integration / Project Delivery / Durham / Tyne and Wear / Newcastle upon Tyne