Group Commercial Business Analyst
Group Commercial Business Analyst, Northumberland, Negotiable salary + benefits package & excellent career development prospects
Edward Reed Recruitment are retained to appoint a Group Commercial Business Analyst on behalf of our client Merit.
Merit is a £37m fast growing and award winning 4D BIM enabled company that is re-inventing and revolutionising UK hi-tech construction. Merit’s unique platform design focuses on delivering projects through offsite construction techniques utilising pre-assembled modules manufactured at the Merit factory, delivering faster project delivery, reduced costs and zero carbon emissions. Merit has over 20 years’ experience in delivering high quality cleanroom and containment facilities across biopharmaceuticals, hospital new builds, R&D laboratories, lithium ion EV battery manufacturing and compound semiconductors. Combining our in-house design with modern methods of construction with between 75%-95% offsite manufactured value means that Merit is at the forefront of driving project delivery through manufacturing innovation.
To support the future growth of the business a new strategically important position has been created, reporting to the Financial Director.
- To lead the analysis and reporting of financial and commercial performance across multiple construction projects utilising MMC and offsite manufacturing.
- Provide FP&A leadership to the project teams to drive project profitability, resource allocation, budget management, and provide relevant insight, analysis and commentary.
- Identify opportunities to improve the financial and commercial performance of the business through analysis and benchmarking of current and projected future performance.
- Ownership of CVR reporting, analysis and action plans to drive profitability and enable data driven commercial decision making.
- Drive process improvement to deliver productivity and business efficiency.
- Analyse labour productivity across the factory and sites, working with management to identify opportunity areas for focus and dissemination of best practice.
- Develop reporting through existing tools and implementation of new reporting technology and improved automation. Design, implementation and system maintenance of performance management tools.
- Develop a high-quality analytical capability with deep understanding of performance (P&L and cash) across all projects including key drivers of performance.
- Pioneer future FP&A reporting solutions, ABC modelling, or others as identified, to enable the development of rich, on-time data analysis.
- Articulate results, influence business decisions, and collaborate on metrics, goals, and business reviews.
- Identify and research variances to forecast, plan, and compare and contrast across projects, proactively proposing opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with leaders to develop business intelligence that will enhance financial and commercial reporting and drive change.
- Carry out profitability reviews with stakeholders through leading a collaborative workshop process.
- Very strong Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables etc) and interrogation of financial systems skills.
- Very strong numerical, analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience of building and using activity-based cost and analysis models.
- Experience of evaluating cost efficiency initiatives and data mining.
- Track record of improving cost efficiency through detailed costs analysis versus design outcomes.
- Ability to process data from disparate sources and generate meaningful management information, produce financial reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to think logically and can demonstrate a track record of researching and investigating issues.
- Ability to create pragmatic, innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Displays well developed inter-personal skills, sufficient to engage confidently and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Confidence to work with senior managers and challenge assumptions where appropriate.
- Strong communicator with proven experience of building constructive relationships with budget-holders and senior management.
- Able to work under pressure and deliver against set objectives.
- Prioritising and planning workloads effectively to deal with conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivated, determined and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You must be a driven and motivated individual who is eager to learn.
- Experience of construction projects, MMC and offsite manufacturing desirable.
Proven Capability in the following areas:
- Proactive leadership with a focus on bringing innovative solutions and overcoming obstacles.
- An ability to work either independently or part of a team, adopting the most effective approach to ensure all team tasks are completed to the best of each individual’s ability.
- A tenacious self-starter always looking for a better way to deliver and pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
- Positive communication skills in dealing with stakeholders so that customer satisfaction and awareness is maintained, and problems are satisfactorily resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
In addition to a market competitive salary, Merit can offer a full range of benefits including:
- NEST pension contribution
- 25 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays
- Death in service policy
Importantly, this role is seen as an ideal position from which to progress within the organisation as it continues to grow.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to contact Ian Lewis.