Deputy Head of Production
Deputy Head of Production, £65,000 – £70,000
Edward Reed Recruitment are currently searching for an experienced senior manager to join our client, a UK production, engineering and service support business.
The role will be working across all functions of engineering and delivery including, project delivery, front end engineering design, estimating, project initiation, detailed design, construction support and technical guidance. The DHP will provide engineering leadership, in close partnership with the Production Manager, to identify, develop, support and delivery of technical solutions while ensuring projects are to time, cost, and quality, and delivered safely.
Responsibilities and Duties
Represent the interests of the business in all interactions with the client and maintain client relationships
Work closely with the HOPS to ensure projects are delivered to time, cost, and quality, and to the requisite safety standards.
Working closely with the HOPS to deliver departmental commercial targets and ensuring KPI’s are achieved. Monthly reporting and forecasting is an integral part of this.
Sales and Proposals support- Provide technical support to the sales/proposals team
Supporting Engineering KPI’s and associated corrective actions
Deliver to agreed performance targets
Promote Lean and CI ways of working across the team and project lifecycle
Ensure engineering team delivers the ‘’best value’’ solution compliant with the customers technical and budgetary requirements, contractual, safety and legislative standards consistent with business strategy.
Control Project configuration and change management
Responsible for recruitment & the development / competency of personnel within the Production Design department.
Able to work effectively in an engineering team, motivating and progressing Engineers and Designers within the business
Support the Industrialisation of Design with manufacturing Team
Ownership of Engineering Quality Procedures and Work Instructions
Ownership of relevant Departmental Standards
Health and Safety- Ensure the procedures are adhered to at all times and display the correct behaviours to support the company HSE culture
Information Security- Ensure the procedures are adhered to at all times and display the correct behaviours to support the company Information Security culture
Be responsible for leading and driving quality in all Engineering designs and projects including, the checking and approval of discipline design deliverables to company procedures
Act as the Head of departments deputy as and when required
- Commercial Management (departmentally and projects)
- Experienced in designing electro/mechanical control panels, MCC’s, LV/MV and VSD panels
- Experience in design practices / procedures, particular those employed by the Nuclear, Water, Defence & Renewables industry sectors
- High level of Technical Expertise & Knowledge in Electrical Engineering
- Have an appreciation of general instrumentation, interfacing equipment, cabling systems and installation requirements to BS7671,ATEX etc
- Have an understanding of the design and implementation of PLC and SCADA control systems
- Highly experienced in estimating from client requirements specification
- Have working knowledge and complete understanding of the legal requirements associated with CE Marking and be able to support equipment compliance for the Low Voltage, EMC & Machinery Directives applicable to control / drives panels, switchgear & MCCs.
- Have a suitable in-depth of knowledge and practical experience of applying the associated & harmonised standards with regard to equipment design, testing & CE Marking.
- Knowledge of UK legislation, BSEN standards, safe working practices, and environmental best practice associated with control panel / controlgear LV / HV
- Knowledge of the use of electrical design software (EPLAN, AutoCAD) to increase engineering efficiency and design optimisation.
- Leading & Deciding
- Working with People
- Planning & Organising
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Following Instructions & Procedures
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Experience and Qualifications
- HNC / HND in an Electrical Engineering Discipline
- Bachelor’s BEng Degree in EICA Engineering (Preferred)
- Chartership Status CEng with an accredited organisation (Preferred) or actively working towards registration
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering and Design
- Lean Six Sigma Qualification or similar experience (Preferred)
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of EICA engineering
- Proven track record of leading a team (circa 15-25)
- Application of all key relevant British and European standards and regulations