A technology business based in a luxury modern office in central Newcastle are actively looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join their team to support their continuous growth.
Working with some high-class companies, our client is looking for a reputable IT professional to continue high standard work in various projects using cloud technologies and various programming languages.
- Operate the management of cloud infrastructure and work on CI/CD pipelines.
- Work on the firewall management and check for vulnerability by testing processes.
- Managing the virtualised cloud infrastructure platform
- Build and add innovative features, to improve customer experience
- Assist the development teams in programming
- Attend weekly innovation meetings, to discuss how the company can continue the journey forward into the cloud space.
- Try and test new technologies to see what the optimum tech for projects will be.
Skills and Experience you need
- Strong understanding of AWS serverless and DevOps practices
- Experience monitoring and data visualization
- Previous programming experience, preferably using Node.Js, PHP or Python
- Experience using serves such as Linux
- Knowledge on working on infrastructure as code and maintaining high security.
Not essential but great if you have…
- AWS Lambda and Jenkins experience
- Knowledge on Grafana, ELK Stack and Jira
- Azure experience is also a plus
My client offers an array of benefits including:
Self-development – chance to take training courses, attend conferences and complete certifications
- Relocation package for those moving to the region
- Flexible working hours – core hours being between 10am-4pm, helping employees maintain a work/life balance
- 25 days holiday, with additional holidays allocated for the festive period
- Social environment, with multiple out of work activities and events
- Access to a top spec coffee machine, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages (for after-work socialising).
- Additionally, daily snacks available: fruit, chocolate and crisps etc.
If you feel that this role is a good fit to your skill set and what you are looking for then please get in contact with rebecca @ edwardreed.co.uk or apply below.