DevOps Engineer – Newcastle – £30k – £45k
An up and coming firm within the B2B Energy sector are currently seeing a huge expansion of their IT team. With the company having a ‘tech first’ attitude they see the value in investing into their development teams.
With a variety of projects to work on from internal greenfield projects to working on third party web products which enable improvement of customer experience. The company are currently migrating over to the cloud (AWS), opening many opportunities to complete certifications and/or attend external training courses.
This is an exciting time to join the company, with a chance to get on board with continuing the journey of the company’s expansion. With a great deal of projects and work lined up over the coming years.
- Lead the company in their migration over to cloud technologies, ensuring all the team has appropriate knowledge and training on this.
- Become the ‘Cloud Expert’ for any queries the company or colleagues have upon this.
- Manage DevOps practices and implementation for the business as well as working on software development.
- The role consists of 80% DevOps and 20% programming, so the successful candidate must be well averse to tackle both elements.
- Operate the management of cloud infrastructure and work on CI/CD pipelines.
- Work on the firewall management and check for vulnerability by testing processes.
- Work on systems which supports the operation functions and automation of projects.
- Over 4 years’ experience in a DevOps position.
- Extensive knowledge of PHP OOP
- Expert skills in using cloud technologies – Preferably AWS
- Experience working with Linux or similar open source Unix-like operating systems
It is beneficial if you have experience with: –
- Puppet or Ansible
- Networking experience using Netstat or Iptables
- Redhat certification
This is a great opportunity for a knowledgeable DevOps engineer to take the next step up in their career, with a fast track option to join the senior/management team.
Becoming the cloud expert offers a great deal of responsibility for an individual to guide how the company moves forward within the cloud space.