Financial Controller, £60,000 + Benefits, Newcastle upon Tyne
Edward Reed are recruiting for a newly created Financial Controller position within a recently PE backed professional services firm.
Operating globally with 60+ clients and 60+ team members across Europe, the US and Asia our client is a full-service content, digital marketing and design agency.
Growing rapidly year on year, they pride themselves on their world class work, inclusive culture and industry specialism.
Supporting the Finance Director and working closely with the Managing Director, you will lead on all aspects of day-to-day finance. There is currently considerable momentum as the company transitions under a new ownership structure and this provides a pivotal opportunity to ‘get stuck in’ and assume a key position as part of the leadership within the business.
- Multiple entity accounting and consolidation
- Own the reporting timetable and governance requirements
- Assess future expansion plans from a finance perspective
- Alongside the FD, oversee group tax planning to support shareholder value
- Coordination and submission of VAT returns
- Manage inter-company charges and transfer pricing across the group
- Financial controls and process improvement
- Company Secretarial duties, audit preparation and liaison
- Management of outsourced payroll in the UK and US
- Development of a team to meet future needs
- Coordination of client contract documentation
- Support the business in delivery against plan, maximizing profit and cash generation
- Ability to foster excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ad-hoc projects and pieces of analysis to support decision making
- Improvement of reporting packs and KPIs
- Production of timely numbers with insight and understanding of monthly performance
- Revenue recognition and translation of project delivery into the management accounts
- Budgets and forecasting
Skills and experience
- Fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) with proven experience at this level
- Demonstrate strong technical capability
- Impressive leadership skills with a continuous improvement mindset
- Capable of working in a fast-paced SME. PE experience is desirable though not essential
- Ability to communicate and articulate finance principles and performance simply
- Experience of working within a multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Data savvy: Ability to model and work with complex data from a range of sources
- Excel expert with an understanding of more advanced reporting software; PowerBI, MS Access