Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer – Newcastle – £30-40K
A rapidly growing SaaS FinTech business based in the City of Newcastle upon Tyne are actively seeking a Full Stack Developer to join at an exceptionally exciting period. This role will provide exposure to emerging technologies with a firm that are truly disrupting a multibillion-pound industry.
Our client are a FinTech organisation who have used technology to influence a financial industry historically dominated by a few players. Already making a name for themselves with international awards and public recognition, a product is still in development with significant opportunities for expansion. Over the last few years the business have been building an exceptional technical team, currently this group of 10 are looking to add a Full Stack Developer to the ranks to support full project lifecycles.
This role on a day to day basis will include:
- Existing code: improving areas for efficiency
- Writing quality and maintainable code that is easy to read
- Working with Lead Developers and other team members on code reviews
- Building components and applications from scratch to expand client services offering
- Contribute to daily stand ups, planning meetings etc. to provide advice / recommendations
This is a social role within the business and will liaise with senior stakeholders, management and clients, some of which include the worlds largest banks and financial institutions
- .Net Core
- Microsoft Azure
In order to apply, we are ideally looking for a Full Stack Developer with the following experience:
- 2+ years .NET application development experience
- Strong SQL / TSQL including stored procedures, tables, views and indexes
- Proficient in MVC, WebAPI and RESTful web services
- Strong C# is a benefit / nice to have
- Frontend frameworks such as AngularJS / Angular 6, HTML and jQuery
More importantly, we are looking for someone with a genuine enthusiasm in technology and a passion to be part of a growing organisation. Despite being a tightly knit business (approx. 15 heads) the expectation is to double in size over the next 24 months, so personal growth opportunities are endless.
We are looking for someone who is willing to roll their sleeves up and learn on the job, prepared to try something innovative and be comfortable ‘failing’ whilst learning at the same time. This is a truly unique working environment with emerging technologies.
On top of a generous basic salary this role comes with a broad range of flexible benefits including pension, working from home / flex working and a budget for personal development. This role is based from a city centre HQ so the successful applicant must be able to commute to Newcastle on a daily basis.
Perhaps you are a .NET Developer in a large firm looking for a more creative and growing business, or possibly a Full Stack tech professional looking to be part of the FinTech space. Do not hesitate to apply as interviews are due to take place ASAP.