Gaming Server Developer
Gaming Server Developer– Durham – £35k-£50k DOE
An industry leading games design company have opened a vacancy for an experienced Node.JS developer to join their award-winning team.
Currently the company have 2 of the worlds largest games live, with the vision of launching a further 4 high quality games within the coming year; creating space for another skilled IT professional to come in and join their dynamic environment.
If you have extensive experience programming using Node.JS and a curiosity into finding out how lucrative life can be working for an up and coming games design company, then what better place to start than working for a company who created the most popular video game in 2019? Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly creativity meetings, to bounce imaginative ideas off the rest of the team in order to design lucrative and innovative games which will take the gaming market by storm.
- Produce new features to improve the gaming servers and overcome any problems along the way.
- Work on the game servers and back end infrastructure ensuring quality and stability is maintained.
- Help uphold the company’s reputation in creating quality game-based platforms.
- Develop the backend code, guaranteeing that it is precise and tested for mistakes.
- It wouldn’t be fun if it was all work and no play! Taking time out of your day to try and test new game ideas is essential to ensure the game is entertaining for a range of target audiences.
Skills and Experience Required:
- In depth experience and knowledge on developing using Node.js
- Familiarity with programming by applying PostgreSQL
- The ability to pitch out ideas and keep creativity levels high
- Experience with AWS or other Public Cloud Platforms
- Previous game design/programming experience
- Familiarity with programming languages – Ubuntu, Vagrant, Packer, PSN, XBL, Steam, Swith, Grafana, Unity or Nginx.
What’s in it for you…
- Relocation package – If you are moving to the North/East
- Flexible working – No official start/finish time
- Career progression – clear development plan set in place from your first day
- Modern offices – state of the art computers, cinema room, video game suite
- Social – Regular hackathons, parties and team meals
- Health care insurance for you and your family
- Annual bonuses
- Try and test games before they are launched
- Flexible holidays – Work/life balance is hugely valued
/PSN / XBL / Steam / Switch / Grafana / Console / PC tiles