Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing – Newcastle- £Competitive + Bonus/Potential Equity
Our client is an exciting, growing FMCG brand changing the face of the industry. Only 2 years old, the business is already trading internationally, with plans to penetrate current markets deeper, whilst moving into new markets across the globe.
The business is looking to appoint a Head of Marketing to grow the brand presence, developing strategies and plans that will build the NOVELTEA brand in the UK and beyond.
You will have 6 years + of marketing experience, with the ability to demonstrate strong marketing knowledge and is used to working with a collaborative marketing team.
Ideally you will have worked in an entrepreneurial and brand-led business or have corporate brand experience and are looking to move to a high growth start-up spirited brand.
You should be an energetic, self-motivated marketeer with a creative flair for developing brands, with fantastic communication and influencing skills, who is organised and can stay calm under pressure.
Key objectives for the role
- Develop and implement a clear communication and content strategy (B2B as well as B2C)
- Build best practice brand plans with the marketing team, including experiential, PR, digital and trade activation ensuring a connected consumer journey with relevant messaging at every consumer and shopper touchpoint
- Create exciting, sharable and scalable campaigns that invite consumers to discover the brand
- Bring brand to life by creating memorable shopping/ drinking experiences
- Implement brand activations effectively in close collaboration with the marketing and sales team
- Build an effective ‘customer sales funnel’ (especially for online channels) for effective brand building and driving growth/ sales
- Lead and develop the marketing team to deliver best-in class marketing
- Analyse performance of the business using internal and external data, recommending change or optimisation where required
- Plan and manage the marketing budget as well as investment proposals
- Inspiring leader with proven ability to deliver through others (previous line management experience is required)
- Team player who can collaborate with a cross-functional team to drive strong business & team performance
- Currently in a Head of/Director/Manager of Marketing position
- A passionate brand advocate, with a natural affinity for drinks brands
- Experience in building integrated brand campaigns and with good knowledge of the merits of individual media & touchpoints
- Experience of managing creative and communications agencies
- A superb project manager, who can stick to timelines and budgets and is used to taking ownership for delivery of projects and whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to thrive in an autonomous, self-starter environment, not fazed by speed –a real multi-tasker and someone who thinks and suggests rather than always asks
- Strong commercial acumen, good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls
- Strategic and analytical marketeer with a creative flair and love of brands
- Curiosity and passion for consumer
Newcastle/Head of Marketing/FMCG/Growth/Marketing/Communications/Events/E-Commerce/International