Head of Sales and Marketing
Head of Sales and Marketing – Newcastle upon Tyne – £45K + 100% OTE
A technology start up based in central Newcastle are actively looking to hire a Head of Sales and Marketing to support the journey to scale up, and drive turnover across the organisation. This role will set the core sales and marketing strategy, whilst also helping prepare the business for Series A funding in the near future.
Our client has built a bespoke SaaS platform which has been extremely well received in a traditional sector. Having won a plethora of awards, and gaining significant recognition from industry leaders, the business is looking to hire a Head of Sales and Marketing to lead growth and ensure continued success.
The overall responsibilities of this role include:
- Defining a Sales and Marketing strategy, and fulfilling this to exceptional results
- Driving sales through a variety of channels including inbound / outbound, events, lead generation, product demos etc
- Growing customer base through sales and marketing activity
- Full sales lifecycle; winning high value accounts and closing significantly lucrative clients / projects
- Working with a budget to hire sales / marketing executives to drive strategy
- Engage with 3rd party suppliers and vendors, including a marketing agency to fulfil vision
- Reporting to Board of Directors on a regular basis to provide progress and ROI
- Developing relationships with MD’s, senior business owners and Directors as your core market
This is a challenging role with a keen focus on new business development – the successful applicant should bring the following experience:
- A strong track record in B2B sales, demonstrating over achievement and the ability to build a high-quality pipeline
- Sales leadership, a confident self starter and motivated by results
- Demonstrable experience putting together a Sales and Marketing strategy, defining and executing this to success
Whilst industry experience is not essential, and knowledge within technology sales and / or SaaS will be of significant benefit.
Having already built an enviable reputation and won significant accounts worldwide, the business is in an exceptionally strong position heading into this period of growth. The Head of Sales and Marketing will be responsible for leading this exciting era, and will reap the significant rewards that will follow.
This is a commission focussed role, and the successful applicant can expect to earn up to 100% of basic salary by way of sales bonus. On top of this a strong benefits package is on offer including flexible work arrangements, home / office based and flexible working hours. Additionally, as a growing business this role offers significant career progression.
Although an office based role, this position will require national (and at times international) travel to meet clients, so the successful applicant must be comfortable with a role that is ‘on the road’.
Perhaps you are a Sales Manager looking for a more challenging role, or perhaps a Senior Business Development Manager in search of a bigger role. Do not hesitate to apply as interviews are due to take place in April.
Head of Sales and Marketing / Head of Business Development / Sales Manager / New Business Sales / Newcastle / SaaS / Technology / IT Sales