Investment Director, Newcastle upon Tyne, £ Competitive
Edward Reed are recruiting for an Investment Director to join a well establish Private Equity capital provider. As a member of the Investment team, you will be responsible for working closely with investee companies and colleagues to support the management of the portfolio, including new investment opportunities, to deliver positive outcomes for clients and stakeholders.
- Providing support to the investment team on their Direct Investments, working closely with the Managing Director. This may include attending board meetings with members of the Executive Team and / or Investment Directors and supporting with follow-up actions.
- Working with the Managing Director to identify, shadow, assess and diligence new investment opportunities and, where relevant, to support in negotiating and managing the investment process.
- Post investment after-care, assisting with management and monitoring of the financial performance of the investee companies.
- Monitoring investee company performance and anticipating funding requirements to avoid short calls for cash.
- Helping to assess requests for further funding.
- Writing investment committee papers and participating in presentations to Investment Committees on portfolio company performance.
- Supporting the investment team to manage exit processes.
- Work with the CIO, Manging Director and Portfolio Associate to produce timely internal and external reports and valuations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Track record of advising on or making venture capital investments
- Experience of financial analysis and modelling.
- Knowledge and experience of the UK venture landscape.
- Experience of working with Boards of companies.
- Evidence of managing multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Solid business acumen and analytical skills.
- A relevant accounting qualification is preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Strong work and team ethics.
- You must be able to drive and be prepared to travel to our other Mercia offices and client sites.