Inward Investment Senior Sector Manager
Inward Investment Senior Sector Manager, Newcastle upon Tyne,£45,000
Reporting to: Director, Invest Newcastle
Digital and Tech Sector
Edward Reed are actively searching for an Inward Investment Senior Sector Manager to join our client in Newcastle upon Tyne. The successful candidate will lead and deliver digital and tech sector inward investment and professional support as a senior member of the Invest Newcastle Team. A key aspect of the role will involve delivering the North of Tyne Combined Authority (NTCA) Digital Ecosystem Inward Investment Project.
- Leading a Business Development & Marketing campaign, and creating a strong inward investment narrative, that will generate new digital & tech sector inward investment leads for the area.
- Using research, sector insights and experts to assist with the creation of a strategy and implementation plan that supports growth of the digital & tech sector across NTCA
- Managing a portfolio of digital & tech investment enquiries throughout the inward investment life cycle
- Supporting the growth of existing digital & tech sector companies, through the delivery of account management activity
- Growing a strong local sector relevant network and managing partner, stakeholder and external contract activity (including project & CRM reporting) aligned to the NTCA funded project
Skills, Knowledge and Aptitudes
- Broad knowledge and understanding of digital and tech sector ecosystem in the UK.
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of the inward investment process and effective enquiry management.
- Knowledge of account management processes and best practices.
- Experience of Local Authority funded project/programme management.
- Excellent research and report writing skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, both formal and informal.
- Experience of building relationships and negotiating with senior level stakeholders and decision makers.
- A wide range of contacts in relevant organisations, locally and regionally.
- Strategic level business development planning experience.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of digital and tech. sector ecosystem across the NTCA and Gateshead areas specifically.
- National & international contacts in the digital and tech sectors.
Qualifications and Training
- Of graduate or equivalent status in a relevant discipline
- Formal training and development in inward investment related or sales / business development skills.
- Account management and/or project management.
- Proven track record in a business development and/or relationship based sales function.
- Demonstrable success of working in collaborative partnerships with a broad cross section of stakeholders across the public and private sectors.
- Experience of working in a cross-functional team with proven ability to influence and inspire others out with direct control.
- Experience gained in the digital/tech sector
- Specific experience of working on inward investment projects and bids.
- High levels of personal motivation and ambition.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and with minimal support.
- Willing to adopt new ways of working, to research new sectors and learn new skills.
- Team player that enjoys working in partnership with others to deliver common goals.
- Able to work at a fast pace without losing focus and whilst maintaining strong customer service levels and attention to detail.