IT Infrastructure Manager
An international Logistics, Warehousing and Freights business based in central Washington are urgently looking to hire an IT Infrastructure Manager to lead an existing technical team and support the business on major technical projects including a major site migration. This is a challenging role with a strategic influence that requires a resilient leader with strong technical capabilities.
Our client are a multi-million pound organisation who have been a major North East business for decades. With an international reach and an enviable reputation, the firm have identified a opportunity between the GM and Infrastructure department – where particular skills gaps include networking, servers and hardware.
This role, on a day to day basis, will be responsible for:
- Coordinate new technology installations, upgrades and maintenance
- Evaluate existing technology estate; identifying risks and making recommendations in line with business strategy
- Leading an existing Infrastructure team of 3; support and guidance, motivating, training and monitoring performance
- Reporting to the General Manager and liaising with key stakeholders (management and board level) on projects
- 3rd party / outsourced contract management
- Provide hands on support when required, including (at times) on call rota support
- Take leadership on infrastructure support
- Oversee annual IT budget
- Provide a flexible approach to IT Infrastructure management; adapting to business strategy and stakeholder needs
In order to apply, we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- Demonstrable leadership experience, managing an IT team and building relationships with business managers / senior stakeholders
- Strong IT Infrastructure experience; familiar with Microsoft, Cisco and VMWare
- Strong experience with storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualisation, firewalls, routers etc
Certifications of particular relevance:
- VMWare: VCA or VCP
- Cisco: CCNA or CCNP
- Microsoft: MCSA or MCSE Server 2012 / 2016
Ultimately this role is responsible for the planning, direction and design of this huge organisations IT Infrastructure, whilst also effectively managing an IT team. A strong mixture of leadership, people management, relationship skills and jargon translation is the key to success.
A competitive basic salary is on offer plus a strong benefits package which includes pension, training and personal development, unique retail + gym perks and many more. Additionally this position is based from a Washington HQ (free parking) so the successful applicant must be able to commute on a daily basis.