Lead Engineer Mechanical and Piping
Lead Engineer Mechanical and Piping, Warrington, £55,000 – £60,000 DOE
As a key member of our clients Engineering Team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most stimulating and ground breaking EPC projects in the UK. Professional development of our Engineering Team is key to our clients success, you will be given a Personal Development Plan, including training and further education along with more responsibility. At the same time, you will be part of a truly global company. Our client is an engineering organisation, with a global presence and a 5,000 strong workforce that can give you wider opportunities and the possibility to work abroad.
There is an attractive remuneration package, but also a lot of flexibility, of working hours, working from home and part time working.
- Together with your team of engineers and designers you are responsible for the Mechanical and Piping (M&P) design within multi-discipline engineering, EPCM or EPC projects
- These projects will range from Concept Design to Execution Design
- The projects will be for different sectors (Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Energy, Utilities, Chemicals, Food), small and large projects, and greenfield and brownfield.
- You are responsible to manage and complete the M&P design within budget and planning. This includes change control and consistency of the M&P design with the other disciplines
- You are responsible for the quality of the M&P design
- You will participate in internal and external design reviews and you are responsible for the design acceptance by the client
- Depending on size and complexity you may be Lead Engineer M&P for one project, or for a portfolio of projects
- Make independent decisions on issues, providing expert technical support within M&P Engineering
If you have the following profile, then we are looking forward to meeting you
- More than 5 years of experience as Lead / Senior Engineer M&P, in multi-discipline projects, in an Engineering / EPCM / EPC company, in one of the above mentioned sectors
- Deep knowledge of M&P engineering and design, but you also have a sound knowledge of the other disciplines (Automation, Civil, Structural, EC&I and Process)
- MEng / BEng / HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Because of the variety of projects that we execute, we are looking for both experienced and less experienced candidates.
- Experienced with the production of mechanical specifications, scopes of work, calculations, drawings and schedules
- Experience with the application of piping design codes to ASME and BS EN standards
- You are able to develop piping systems complying with PED requirements
- Result oriented. You are only satisfied after your design is accepted by the client, you delivered top quality and the client is very satisfied with the performance of you and your team
- You plan and organise your activities before you allow your team to start spending hours. You understand the dependencies of the engineering activities within the M&P discipline, but also the dependencies between M&P and the other disciplines. You have a ‘one time right’ mentality
- Have an appreciation with the main M&P design packages including, AutoCAD, Plant3D, E3D, Caesar II
- You delegate to your team, but at the same time you know exactly what is going on in your M&P discipline, and intervene if required
- You implement a solid change control procedure for your team, and you can convince the client of the budget and planning consequences of changes
- You can lead and motivate your team so that they achieve the targets, also in case of setbacks
- You can develop and effectively present design packages to the client, ensuring it meets the scope of the job
- You are able to chair design review meetings
- Are you already an experienced Lead engineer? Then you have pleasure in teaching and coaching the young generation M&P engineers and designers