Legal Director, £ DOE, Billingham
Edward Reed Recruitment are seeking an individual with legal expertise, ideally in commercial, property or construction disciplines, who is keen to contribute to a dynamic, entrepreneurial business by delivering a trusted and reliable support function.
Reporting to the Group’s Legal Counsel, you should be highly organised with strong attention to detail and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. In this support role, you must be able to build trust and credibility as well as fit into our company culture and share our values and governance objectives.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in a varied in house role, giving experience in high value projects, business critical commercial matters and a range of contracts. Experience in commercial insurance and claims handling would also be advantageous.
- General legal advice, support and research on a wide range of matters;
- Preparation and review of legal documents;
- Delivery and/or co-ordination of legal support required on a variety of projects and transactions;
- Ongoing development of internal policy, governance and process;
- Collation and maintenance of high quality company records, including in relation to an extensive property portfolio;
- Supporting senior members of staff;
- Co-ordinating the relationship with our external legal advisers;
- Management support regarding Group insurance portfolio;
- Administrative support to Legal Counsel.
- Highly organised, motivated and disciplined;
- Strong attention to detail;
- A concise, logical approach;
- Willingness to learn and confidence to work outside of usual comfort zone;
- Good communicator and team player.
Qualifications and Experience
This role may be suitable for candidates with a wide variety of backgrounds, ready for the next move in their career, from a law graduate working within industry, to a solicitor with 1-3 year’s PQE or a Legal Executive or paralegal with experience in practise or a similar In-house role in relevant industries.
- The position will be based at Billingham with travel as required to other locations.
- The position will command a competitive package.
- Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience of working within a similar role.
- Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday)