Consumer Goods Sector
Management Accountant, Newcastle upon Tyne, £35,000 – £40,000
About the Role:
This role will manage the management accounts of the EMEA entity and is the key financial business partner of the Central functions within the Group, providing insightful efficient financial management information to direct and influence optimised financial performance. An ability to understand the commercial levers of an FMCG, strong technical financial skills and the ability to influence performance utilising MI are critical success factors of the role. A desire to develop will ensure that the role embraces technological change to improve processes and procedures, improving the efficiency and the value creation of the department.
What you will be doing:
- P&L responsibility and delivery of the current year AOP and the five-year Strategic Plan targets;
- Work with Central finance functions regional team to develop key forecasts including; Monthly FYE, AOP and long-term Strat Plan;
- Deliver succinct daily, weekly and monthly reporting with insightful variance analysis, including recommendations to direct recovery of issues and to maximise opportunities;
- Financial commentary and MI reports as required to direct commercial strategy;
- Governance of the PO process to deliver spending and overhead cost controls;
- Balance sheet reconciliation and trial balance management;
- Responsible for VAT/GST returns
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory account files for statutory audit purposes and consolidation, and assist in preparation of tax computations
- Responsible for completion of all financial returns as required by the Office of National Statistics and other government bodies
- Develop process improvements utilising internal systems to drive process efficiency.
What skills and experiences you’ll need to ace this job:
- Part or Fully Qualified CIMA / ACCA
- Outstanding Excel and analytical skills
- Strong Commercial experience – sales and margin forecasting, financial planning and analysis
- Able to deliver to tight timescales
- P&L management experience and responsibility
- Cross functional collaboration (sales, marketing, operations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels, to any audience.
- Ability to lead and drive change in a demanding environment
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Ability to influence and lead all levels of management across the division
- Committed team worker, able to motivate and lead the team to achieve and deliver to tight deadlines
- A self-starter by nature with a positive, resilient ‘can do’ attitude.