Online Developer – Games Business – Middlesbrough – £30-50K
An international, award winning and industry recognised Games Development business based in Middlesbrough are actively looking for a Developer to support the online services of some of the biggest games in the industry. This is a fabulous role offering the chance to work on leading technology platforms and take the first step into an industry in high demand.
Our client is an online games development firm that are responsible for some of the world’s largest online games. High profile platforms such as this demand the highest calibre team, and this organisation boasts industry leading technical teams. With significant growth expected throughout 2020 and beyond, there is an active need for a Developer to join the firm to ensure seamless online success.
On a day to day basis this role will include:
- Developing and extending a range of custom online services for multiple titles
- Optimising the services for these titles
- Build, implement and establish new operational processes
- Work within a tightly knit online services team, but engage with the wider development community
- Take ownership for the quality and stability of game servers and back end infrastructure
- Work alongside support teams to fix issues
In order to apply for this role we are seeking the following experience:
- Familiarity with Node.js development
- Experience with AWS
Whilst not essential, the following technical skills would be of significant benefit:
- Unix / Unix like systems such as Ubuntu
- Game engines such as Unity, UE4
- PSN / XBL / Steam / Switch platform services
Perhaps you are a Front End Developer with strong Node.js experience, or possibly a services / platform Developer looking to get into the game industry. Whatever your situation do not delay in applying as (remote) interviews are due to take place ASAP
Working with a rapidly growing gaming business offers not just an exciting pace and variety of projects , but this role comes with fabulous benefits. On top of a generous basic salary, this position also offers flexible working, personal development, bonuses, private healthcare, a fabulous community and unbelievable facilities including cinema, video games suite, state of the art office with all the luxuries to accompany.
This role is based from a Middlesbrough HQ so the successful applicant must be comfortable commuting on a daily basis. Relocation packages are on offer for those further afield willing to move closer to the area.