Online Games Programmer
Online Games Programmer – Middlesbrough – £35k-£50k DOE
A vacancy for an experienced web developer, who wants to transmission into the gaming world has become available. Working for a multi-million-pound company, who attain several international awards for their lucrative and innovative work.
Due to great expansion and heading towards the launch of one of their new games, the company are seeing a huge growth and the need to take on some more like-minded creative individuals to join their team.
Daily tasks and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with other departments in the business to unearth problems or features which may need to be added to ensure optimum entertainment for users.
- Work on the game servers and back end infrastructure ensuring quality and stability is maintained.
- Assist in creating imaginative and distinctive games, which are appealing to a range of target audiences.
- Help uphold the company’s reputation in creating quality game-based platforms.
- Develop the backend code, guaranteeing that it is precise and tested for mistakes.
What they are looking for:
- In depth experience and knowledge on developing using Node.js
- Familiarity with programming by applying PostgreSQL
- The ability to pitch out ideas and keep creativity levels high
- Experience with AWS or other Public Cloud Platforms
- Previous game design/programming experience
- Familiarity with programming languages – Ubuntu, Vagrant, Packer, PSN, XBL, Steam, Swith, Grafana, Unity or Nginx.
What’s in it for you…
- Relocation package – If you are moving to the North/East
- Flexible working – No official start/finish time
- Career progression – clear development plan set in place from your first day
- Modern offices – state of the art computers, cinema room, video game suite
- Social – Regular hackathons, parties and team meals
- Health care insurance for you and your family
- Annual bonuses
- Try and test games before they are launched
- Flexible holidays – Work/life balance is hugely valued