QA Manager – Middlesbrough – £flexible
A global online games design and development business based in Middlesbrough are actively looking to hire a QA Manager to lead an international team of Testers and Engineers. This is a new role with a rapidly growing business and will work on the some of the most popular AAA games in the world.
*N.B. This is an office based role (with lots of flexibility). Due to current circumstances, the business are 100% remote for the time being. Relocation packages are available for anyone who isn’t immediately based in the North East.
Our client is a well known games business with year on year growth and winning some of the biggest contracts for design and development of AAA games. With a pipeline of projects to see the business through a number of years there is now an active requirement for a QA Manager to support strategy and lead through games completion.
This role on a day to day basis will include:
- Develop QA strategy
- Run full project lifecycle; design, manage testing life cycle, test planning, case development etc
- Evaluate costs and requirements for new projects
- Ensure projects are completed on time and to budget
- Manage Test and Engineering teams across international locations
- Mentor and develop talent within the business
- Own roadmap for tools and techniques used in QA
This is a fast paced, demanding and challenging role. The successful applicant should bring the following experience:
- Experience leading QA teams in a highly technical environment
- Strong knowledge of all phases of the testing lifecycle and software
- Demonstrable experience improving business processes to streamline and reduce costs
- Ideally experience managing teams / projects across countries
Background in a DevOps environment is highly beneficial, as is experience maintaining software code.
Tech exposure in automation tools such as Appium, gamedriver.io, Eelenium, TEST-assured, ChroPath, Microsoft Playwright etc. are all nice to have.
This role will be part of a rapidly growing business with an exceptionally talented team. Working from a luxury central Head Office you will experience a raft of benefits from games suites, state of the art kitchen and facilities, but also wider benefits including flexible working, ongoing training / industry qualifications, bonuses, private health, pension and a wonderful social environment.
Salary is extremely flexible due to this being a brand new role within the organisation. This will be judged on an individual basis and will reflect market rate for experience.
N.B. Our client will consider applicants outside of the region, and can offer a relocation package for anyone moving to the area. Although currently remote based this position will be situated at their HQ in Middlesbrough
Perhaps you are a senior QA Tester with management / lead experience, or an Automation Engineer looking for your next step into the Games industry. Interviews are due to take place ASAP so do not hesitate in applying.
Unity Developer / C++ / Games Development / Online Games / Teesside / Middlesbrough / Remote