No direct reports
Main Purpose of Job:
Drive profit through the management and development of the supply base to meet or exceed the strategic operation requirements of the business. Set supplier objectives and measure KPI’s ensuring attainment and implementation of corrective actions where appropriate. Create positive supplier relationship management and ensure supply chain management best practices are followed. Drive quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives across the range of SKU’s and components. Manage the stock portfolio to optimise cash flow and the risk of obsolescence.
- Source new suppliers and develop strong relationships across all contacts.
- Lead communications with potential and existing suppliers in respect of product development, specifications, testing requirements quality, price, packaging.
- Proactively negotiate best costs in line with overall service delivery requirements.
- Manage supplier performance in key metric areas, including but not limited to product development, quality, delivery, responsiveness. Review and report actual performance and initiate improvement plans.
- Responsible for the escalation of quality failures within the supplier organisation; securing the required focus and response. Agreeing corrective action plans with suppliers and ensuring they are executed effectively either remotely or through supplier visits.
- Work with suppliers to understand their upstream supply chain to ensure compliance with end user legislation.
- Ensure that all products conform to the testing requirements and that this information is clearly documented.
- Prepare and process Purchase Orders for UK and International suppliers, verifying price, quantity, specification, and lead time prior to order release.
- Manage and maintain gold seals.
- Work with freight forwarders to achieve best cost, inco terms and delivery schedules.
- Identify new sources of supply to support product development and mitigate the risk of single source of supply.
- Management of the tendering process, from supplier identification through to implementation.
- Control of the sampling process with suppliers in line with product development plans.
- Management of the range plan to ensure that all costs are captured and clearly recognised to enable strategic decisions to be made about the viability of new products.
- Maintain and create up to date sourcing records, cost information, BOM’s and test reports, together with any other associated administration.
- Manage optimum stock levels calculating economic order quantities to support channel specific requirements and forecasted demand.
- Drive lead times down.
- Drive quarterly range reviews to mitigate the risk of product proliferation and obsolescence
- Manage in – house (CMT) manufacturing and actively resource or discontinue products as appropriate, so that this area is predominately used for product development.
- Make a significant contribution to improve purchase admin levels in areas such as T&Cs, contracts, EDI and drive improvements on MRP to support purchasing.
- Administer monthly and weekly stock takes for materials and consumables required for inhouse manufacturing
Systems & Processes
- Continuous Development of Company business systems for forecasting, stock management, supplier management and reporting
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
The Person Specification
Education and Qualifications
- University Degree or equivalent. CIPS or studying toward MCIPS
- 4+ years’ experience in a Senior Procurement role or similar
- Proven history of effective international supply chain management
- Expert knowledge of purchasing and supply chain systems, LEAN principles of planning and MRP/ERP systems.
- Financial acumen.
- High competency level in MS Office applications especially Excel (including pivot tables and VLookUps)
Special Attributes/Individual Performance Characteristics
- Effective interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and numerical skills
- Commercially aware and financially astute
- A flair for negotiation and networking whilst maintaining excellent supplier relationships
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with demanding targets and tight deadlines
- A high level of attention to detail
- Future leadership potential
- Ability to undertake domestic and overseas travel as and when required