Senior Developer (AWS / Azure)
Senior Developer – Azure / AWS / Cloud – £55K – Durham
A leading technology firm based in central Durham are actively looking to hire a Senior Developer to join the business and support the delivery of a Cloud-first technical strategy. This role will utilise full project delivery of AWS and Azure based solutions for international clients whilst supporting strategic business needs.
Our client are a multimillion pound SaaS firm headquartered in Durham. With a worldwide reach and enviable client list, the business have started the journey of adopting cloud technology to their portfolio in a bid to deliver the highest quality solutions to their customers.
This role will be involved in the following activities:
- Lead the cultural change for cloud adoption
- Identify the best architecture solutions to meet business needs
- Define and deliver cloud-first architecture
- Work with clients to identify project requirements and ensure full lifecycle delivery
- Act as SME on Cloud related technologies for the delivery team
- High level design
- Support existing delivery team on full adoption
- Liaise with senior stakeholders and Directors to ensure strategic needs are being met
- Evaluate Cloud applications, hardware and software
This is a new role within a growing business and will be the first of a growing team. This position reports to the CTO and subsequently offers a genuine strategic insight to corporate direction.
In order to apply, we are seeking someone with the following experience:
- Strong experience designing, executing and supporting IT cloud solutions
- In depth understanding of at least one Public / Private / Hybrid cloud solution such as AWS, Azure
- Experience integrating public cloud into traditional hosting / delivery models is of significant advantage
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and frameworks
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
The Senior Developer will work across all major departments and teams within the business, from delivery, R&D, product and support (among others) so this is not just a technically focussed role but a social and strategic position.
Perhaps you are a Senior Developer with AWS / Azure experience in search of a more senior role, or possibly a Cloud Architect who is looking to take a role ‘in house’. Do not hesitate to apply as interviews are due to take place ASAP.
The Senior Developer role is based from a Durham HQ (free parking) so the successful applicant must be able to commute to the city on a daily basis.
This position comes with a competitive salary and a strong benefits package, not to mention a role with a business building an exceptional reputation worldwide.
Senior Developer / Architect / Cloud Architect / AWS / Azure / Public / Private / Hybrid / Hosting / Serverless / Architecture / Durham / Tyne and Wear