Senior Estimator, £60,000, Billingham
Senior Estimator – A fantastic long-term career opportunity to have a real impact across our entire business.
The Senior Estimator will play an essential role in supporting the proposals and estimating function within the commercial team.
Assist the commercial team in the acquisition of new works including preparation of proposal documentation and estimates as required.
Liaise effectively with clients and colleagues.
Work closely with the Engineering, Operations and Commercial Departments by leading large infrastructure Tenders.
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health and environment regulations.
- To interact and become a key member of the commercial management team providing a quality service to support and manage the effective delivery of infrastructure tender proposals.
- Develop an accurate value for complex infrastructure tenders from Wind Farm Integration Campaigns, Decommissioning of Large Offshore Structures, civils schemes ready for review and agreement with the Senior Management Team
- Deliver reliable, accurate construction project cost analysis, prepare cost plans, quotations, program schedules, accurate scope of work documents amalgamated from various sources, produce the first management cost reports for awarded works and KPIs for upcoming projects.
- Manage all stages of the tendering process in a timely manner from receipt of enquiry through to the internal review and return of completed tenders for relevant projects to clients.
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-qualification questionnaires and quality statements.
- Producing bills of quantities and schedules of rates from drawings and specifications.
- Producing enquiry documents for subcontractors and materials to ensure best value is achieved in the estimating process whilst liaising with the Procurement Manager.
- Carrying out comparisons and analysis of third-party quotations for inclusion in tenders.
- Attending meetings with clients, sub-contractors, senior management, and other team members.
- Visiting sites and client offices when necessary.
- Maintaining good relationships with clients and the wider industry to promote further business opportunities.
- Providing support to colleagues to develop project implementation plans including project delivery, methodology, contracting plan and the Project Master Schedules.
- Maintain accurate cost databases, norms, and prices.
- Provide input into the monthly reporting on all key activities and issues.
- Follow up on submitted tenders and assist with client questions as and when required.
- Involvement in pre-tender discussions with clients.
- Provide a robust Handover upon award of new Contracts.
Skills and Attributes
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Power Point demonstrating expertise in producing detailed analysis plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Time management and planning with high attention to detail.
- Ability to engage with clients, colleagues, and multiple stakeholders, forming effective relationships.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Methodical approach.
- Strong problem solving.
- Be able to communicate effectively with site teams and managers.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
Experience & Qualifications
Preference to have a BSc in a relevant degree (such as construction management or engineering) from an internationally recognised and accredited university.
Beneficial, but not essential, a minimum of 10 years post chartered experience.
Recent previous experience (within last 5 years) as an Estimator with a background in major civils and offshore infrastructures or wind projects.
Previous experience and knowledge in civils and offshore wind is advantageous. Experience in demolition is desirable
Measures of Success
- Submission of tenders to clients in accordance with their timelines.
- Accurate and compliant tender submissions, in accordance with clients invitation to tender package.
- Award of contracts by client with pricing which allows for a profitable project.
- Minimising risk profile when tendering.
- Billingham (with travel as required)
- The position will command a competitive package.
- Applicants need to demonstrate a successful track record and experience of working within a similar role.
- Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (16:00 Friday)