Structural Engineer, £50,000, Teesside
Edward Reed Recruitment are seeking a Structural Engineer to join our client.
Our Teesside based client is at the forefront of tackling some of our society’s most pressing sustainability challenges.
- As the Demolition and Structural Project Engineer you will be an integral part of the management team, you will be responsible for preparing, scheduling, co-ordinating and monitoring the engineering aspects of the assigned destruct projects.
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documents; including project briefs and specifications.
- You will assist the Project Manager in preparation of contract documents, programmes and other progress reports.
- You will be required to assist incoming tenders and write and assess reports to support the submission.
- You will take ownership of the project information supplied by the “Client” and ensure all calculation and data are correct.
- Assist in the delivery of projects, ensure that all aspects of the engineer activities are well planned with all possible scenarios accounted for and executed in a safe manor.
- You will be responsible for all technical aspect of the project to ensure all queries are raised to and challenged to guarantee programme and cost efficiency.
- Compliance with Company and Project safety, health, environmental and quality regulations
- Review incoming reports and drawings and provide feedback where necessary to optimise design.
- Researching and undertaking studies as appropriate to skills level (for example on materials/equipment/methods and options).
- Assist and produce RAMS and associated documentation to facilitate works to be carried out safely and to design specification.
- Responsible for developing solutions by preparing and checking engineering methods, drawings, calculations and other documents to ensure a safe and cost-effective execution of the project.
- Prepare and check all engineering documents including engineering calculations in order to evaluate, select, and test appropriate operations.
- Able to perform Structural calculations.
- Verify suitability of 3rd party equipment and methods.
- Ensure the engineering plan is followed when executing the job.
- Advise Operations of the accuracy and performance of engineering solutions to be applied to projects, to ensure that the engineering solutions are in line with the requirements of Operations.
- Ensure that the calculations are checked and approved by yourself and then by Design Director as required.
- Record, execute and maintain technical document and data in line with internal requirements.
- Able to multi task and work on multiple projects.
- Attend meetings with Commercial and Operations teams to establish the clients’ exact requirements, and agree deadlines for submission of documentation.
- A good understanding of EC3 (EN1991).
- Maintain site records in electronic and paper format.
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, and consultants.
- Liaise with sub-contractors working on the project, and ensure they understand requirements.
- Assist in the planning of project and monitor productivity against this, ensuring any changes to the project are managed accordingly.
- Agree and manage project engineering budget and control spending.
- To review in co-operation with the project management team, the overall programme for areas of responsibility including sub-contractor programmes. To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the team and agree solution.
- Identify and highlight project engineering changes and deal with these appropriately.
- Provide guidance and direction to the project engineering team.
- Contributing to safety and quality during project design, engineering and execution.
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have evidenced technical qualifications applicable to projects management.
- Must be competent and have suitable experience, gained in the field of structural / mechanical engineering with a proven track record.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical or Structural.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD 2D & 3D
- High level of self-motivation
- Must have excellent communication skills and be competent in Microsoft Office.
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Ability to manage Junior Engineers within the team